Friday, October 25, 2019

Helping me

"You should totally play at ...." "You should get your songs into a movie..."

People mean well. People who say such things are often fans, so I definitely don't want to besmirch their good intentions - but if you want me to play at "so and so", you might need to HELP me advocate for playing at "so and so" - tell your friend who knows the owner or the booking person or whatever - because it is very often NOT that easy to just play at "so and so"

Booking people are besieged - often by artists with far more "impressive" representation than, say, me asking about me playing

So this is NOT a put-down - merely a request to understand how hard it is to be an independent artist, out there booking myself, promoting myself, etc. Again, not a complaint, just a statement of fact

I want to play at that place you think I should play at, but odds are, it's not going to be as easy as me just contacting that place

So if there's somewhere you think I should play

1. Please DO tell me about the place or the tip or the idea or any thought you might have that could help me get my music out there and somehow get paid for that as well

and

2. Realize that it might not be as simple as me just sending one, two, or even 14 emails to their booking person or whoever makes those decisions. If you know anyone involved with that place you want me to play, or that opportunity, and are willing to put in a good word for me, that might make it a thousand times easier for me to actually get booked there or have something good happen with my music

Thank you!

Here's my contact info, in case you want to help me book stuff, or you know someone who can help me with any aspect of my music - perhaps someone with record label/industry connections, or who can help make music videos, or can help get my music into a movie or TV show or ad, or help me with getting shows in other cities, or anything - thank you!

My website:
http://danisraelmusic.com/

My new album:
https://danisrael.hearnow.com/

My contact info:
Dan Israel
email: danmyspace@gmail.com


ph. 612-280-8902

No comments:

Post a Comment